E-commerce returns – Walmart, FedEx, and more
Dean Maciuba, Managing Partner North America at Last Mile Experts, joins me to discuss recent developments in e-commerce returns from Walmart, FedEx, Amazon, and more:
- Walmart allowing customers to return online purchases without leaving the home
- Walmart’s partnership with FedEx – including returns
- Who is paying for free collection? It’s not the customer!
- FedEx looking for delivery density
- Availability of FedEx Small Parcel Pickup service: metro vs rural areas
- What will the US Postal Service do?
- Retailers telling e-commerce customers to not bother returning purchases
- Value threshold for returns
- Using third parties to manage returns
- Customer expectations on returns
- Processing of returns – including reselling, repackaging, and the tertiary market
- Is Walmart pushing Amazon to raise the bar further?
- What USPS and UPS are doing in returns – especially with regard to Amazon
- Amazon Hub lockers and returns
- Environmental aspects of e-commerce returns