How to Save Cost on Last-Mile Delivery
Actionable advice from expert Dean Maciuba on how to achieve cost savings on last-mile delivery in this video episode of Data and Tech in Supply Chain with Host Marcia Williams.
Dean worked at UPS/FedEx for over 37 years across multiple professional positions in sales, marketing, and operations. His vast experience allows him to possess a unique and in-depth view into nearly all aspects of the parcel transportation industry.
In this episode, we talk about the following:
- What is last-mile delivery?
- How can you reduce your cost in last-mile delivery – from the merchant and carrier perspectives?
- What is the trend of micro fulfillment with on-demand delivery?
- What is the role of data and technology?
- What is the importance of alternative and smaller vehicle solutions such as cargo bikes and electric vans?